Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day has always played a big role in my life. When I was younger my family and friends gathered to Bar-B-Que, played games, etc, but what I remember most is my father's love for this country and his utter respect for our flag.

My father was in Army intelligence in the Vietnam War. He sacrificed for this country and my family's freedom. I will forever be grateful. This is a day to remember our soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice. This is a day to say thank you to those who have served our country. This is a day to hang our Flag proud. This is a day to teach our children to appreciate our freedom and those who have paid for it. I love this country. I love my Flag. I am so thankful for my father and his willingness to fight for our freedom.

My father went to be with the Lord 3 years ago in August...Memorial Day is a sad holiday where I find myself missing him greatly. I will forever be grateful for his service.

My father in Vietnam:

1 comment:

Jen said...

What you said about your father was very moving. I love the picture that you posted. Don't forget that your brother also served for his country and spent a year in Korea while protecting our freedom!
Jen Cherico